Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 3

Reality catches up with us. We begin to tire, to remember there were bills to pay, errands to run. Still, my world remains very small. A few houses, my parents' home, the ICU hospital room, and the endless miles of highway linking the three. Everything else remains a vague recollection in the back of my mind. New York, upcoming moves, futures and work, they all seem an intangible reality beyond my grasp, and I don't even try to reach them. Every moment of the day is spent in tired anxiety, except for the hours spent next to that hospital bed. We look at pictures of trips and family, she laughs and remembers, says thank you and I hope. I tell her I will see her babies tonight and she smiles.

Every step not backwards, is a step in the right direction. Every moment that is good, is good.

Life is made, of babysteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment