Monday, April 25, 2011

The In-Between

And in just a day, the world is entirely different. The magnolia in the courtyard loses all its petals and is suddenly a tangle of green. Everything smells again: the streets, the flowers, the food, the garbage. People peel off layers of clothing, but rain lies heavy in the periphery. Don't trust your eyes, you'll end up soaked in your flip-flops.

I float in some sort of apathetic surreality. How beautiful the summer sun, how limitless the potential. I divulge my great announcement to faces of disbelief, and I have nothing with which to counter. Life is changing. Roll with the punches. I am excited.

There are too many things to think, to process, to mourn. For now, I revel in regression, repression, and obscene amounts of music from eons past. Life was not simpler then. It's just simpler, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment