Monday, November 1, 2010

Short Stack

The novocaine wore off quickly, and again a precarious morning of mortality. The reminder of empty wallets but no less of a body that will not last forever. Such a rude awakening.

Such simple things will tip the scales quickly. How dark the future and how impossibly close the end of Things-As-They-Are. Reaching out for some sort of guidance, I get conflicting advice and get nowhere. The newsfeed ticks, unhindered, reminding me of lives joined, new ones sprouting in the bodies of those around me. Sometimes, freedom feels more like floating away into space and having nothing to keep you grounded, and one those days, I mourn my lack of tethers.

Only the next few days are brightly lit and planned for; after this, it is all murk and mist. I suspect that tomorrow my heart will be lighter, my patience and skin thicker, I will scrape the fallen pieces of my future and put them back together again, to endure yet another day, or week, or month in this life. It's just tonight that the galaxy feels so endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment