Thursday, May 20, 2010

Steal Yours Too

My To-Do list grows. Endlessly expanded with menial tasks, and I place them at the very top, squeeze them in along the sides. For years, tacking them onto the VIP matters, saying I'll just do these first, clear the list, make room for that Big One. Turns out, the amount of neverending ridiculous Things To Do is infinite, and all this side-stepping becomes a perpetual dance of avoidance.

Today, I ignore the work-for-hire, the unruly eyebrows, the unspeakably messy bedroom floor. I put on another cup of coffee and dive head-first into the Story that tiptoes around my conscious, asking nothing but to be told.

Grateful that Someone else has explained it, and better, that I can leave well enough alone by adding a mere link, stop my inane ramblings on this page, and pick up my pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment