Sunday, May 9, 2010

If I Kiss You Where It's Sore

Sunday night and still the shakes from alcohol or giggles or unexplained shivers through the system. How softly singing dawn can turn into such a blustery twilight, I cannot say. But here I sit, obsessively refreshing happy, unobtrusive songs and devouring depressive blogs, like a junky for emotion. Refill, refill, I exhaust my external food sources, and heaven forbid I sit down to examine my own goings-on. Easier, then, to leave the window open to the greenwich village hurricanes and let the day, the weekend, the life pass unannounced and unlived.

This world is too large, this life too short. How do you reconcile that?

1 comment:

  1. det var nån som skrev nåt om att internet är lika stort som typ en hel massa miljoner millenium-trilogi-böcker. vi kommer aldrig kunna läsa alla ord. behöver vi det? måste allt upplevas? det fantastiska, och farliga, är väl att vi kan tänka oss allt vi inte upplevt. är vi inte där då? vad är egentligen skillnaden? åh.

    ReplyDelete