Monday, September 7, 2009

The Great Escape

They call me reserved, those who know me. Say there's that wall and they always feel like they talk more than I do. And I know they're right. It's just, everytime I divulge snippets from the deep beyond, it makes people so sad.

I told them I ran away to New York. That New York was the drug that kept my sadness away, because while here, I needn't think about Reality so much. I create a new Reality, and it keeps me happy. But I know that at some point Life'll catch up to me, and I'll have to deal. But maybe if I have the City to hold my hand, it won't be so terrifying, somehow.

I also told them that maybe I will not solve the tangled web of my emotions and solve my relationship issues, my aversion to love. And this, more than anything, seems to freak people out. As though it were an impossible concept. As though it were the most tragic fate. It is to save them from this sadness that I do not expose the dark ball of yarn within. I only want their worlds to be pink, and sparkly, and all smiles. Why will they not let me protect them?

No comments:

Post a Comment