Monday, November 6, 2023

Chill

The day starts mild, a quiet sunrise on the daylight unsaved earth, but soon turns to darkness under heavy November skies. You know the winter is coming, you know the darkness is only gathering strength. You wonder how long you will keep your head above water this time, but for the first time in many years, you think it may actually be a while. 

There was a time, before this virus took our entire lives away, that I raced into winters with reckless abandon. There was a time when I let the warm skin of strangers envelop me into the dark, when I let my dreams of the future carry me on pink clouds across the dirtied snow banks. You have to understand, that was a very long time ago, and none of us are who we were then. That is the only truth. 

Nothing ever stays the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment