Friday, August 25, 2023

Lag

I went to bed early. Not because I had to, only because I needed the space. Woke in dark night. At 4 a.m. no one will intrude. I sat in the deep breaths of silence, sat in the stillness of contrast, and counted my blessings. 

One, how suddenly I have all the freedom my little heart can desire
Two, now matter how I use my freedoms, I am still firmly ensconced in the hearts of those I love
Three, I dreamed of the world and suddenly it is here

A new story painted itself inside my eyelids, as they always do when you let them. Perhaps that is the biggest blessing of all. By the time dawn rose in cold pink breaths across the mountaintops, I had already lived a whole day in the cities of my interior. 

It is easier to share a life, when you have some of it to yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment