Monday, June 5, 2023

to be Kind

Spring has never been so long, so lingering in its cool air, I wore a sweatshirt today and reveled in the feeling. I waver at the edge of the precipice, at once so near and far, so steady and yet so frail. He sends a song and you wonder if you might take that into the dessert and call it a day. Management writes to ask if you might consider negotiating still, and your newly beating heart doesn’t know what to wish for now. 

I dreamed of you last night, all safety and comforts in unflinching eyes, in knowing just how the muscles curve around your elbows. I woke in joy, but I woke, too, in the incalculable distance between us. 


I have this old car and a tank full of gas. I’m driving it wherever the road takes me, until it tells me to stop. 

And what I mean is

there’s room in the front seat, if you want it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment