Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Re:lax

I take the day off. Walk all the way around the little village early in the morning, before the heat swelters. The Hudson river looks like a fat snake, too hot to move. I sit on the back porch reading children's fantasy, think only I can do better (I have done better) and devour another hundred pages. The day slips between my fingers, rivulets of sweat coursing down my body, the summer escapes me, the life escapes me, I feel like the answer is here, right here somewhere just out of my reach, tip of my tongue, I know there is some sort of magic and we can touch it - I have touched it before - if only I could have one more moment, if only I could pause the world for just a little longer I think I could catch it again, I...

In my mind, I know the futility. 

But the promise of gold at the end of the rainbow is forever what moves us forward into the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment