Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Spring Forward (Pt. 2)

The lightness, it's unbearable, how does it get you every time? We sat in Tompkins Square park this afternoon and I think my face was made of sunshine, I think my heart was made of cotton candy, I think

the long dark winter may be over and I made it out alive. 

The evening was long, and in no rush to end. Long washes of pink against the blue sky, cool breeze through the window and it's like I haven't been tired in years. I wake before dawn, that's not the rules, but I am ready to break them now. He sends pictures of cirrus clouds against a Manhattan backdrop and I have never loved anything more in my entire life. 

My darling, we made it through. You buckled, and I did not leave you. I crumbled, but you are still here. It's been a long, cold lonely winter, but we are here now. Hold on a little longer. 

Everything is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment