Sunday, February 21, 2021

Fire

The silence remains. I wake early, agitated, but by mid--morning it begins to wear off as the pot of coffee nears its glassy bottom. You step away from the demands you began to take for granted, hear again your own voice direct the traffic inside your head. Remember that you always knew what you wanted, what you were doing. How easy it is to get led astray. 

I walk past the empty apartment, try to imagine my face in the window. Take a long run along the river, try to imagine your lips on my eyelids. 2021 is still going to arrive, I swear it's going to arrive, I know our feelings and our hope are all buried in snow but spring will return, and when it does, oh lord will we be ready to step into it. 

Just because it is easy to be led astray
doesn't mean it's not easier to come back
home.

No comments:

Post a Comment