Saturday, February 2, 2019

is Here

January ends, skulking silently through a back door, you do not miss it. I spent the morning with my feet in the sand, with my feet on the ground, with my back straight and my eyes staring into the sun, how easy it is to breathe again, I do not take it for granted. I counted every rolling wave as it came towards me, the entirety of a world condensed into whether to jump or dive or surf, there is nothing else. At the end of the day, the tide still tugs at my muscles, all is well. 

It’s not that everything else isn’t still insurmountable, it isn’t that winter doesn’t lie long and dark still at the end of your return ticket. It’s only that for a brief, sun soaked moment, it doesn’t matter. All the answers are here. I have all I need with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment