Saturday, June 24, 2017

At the Same Time, I Don't

It's fine, it's fine, a belly full of snakes, it's fine, don't forget [how] to breathe. Just a few months ago you lived on a tour bus and didn't know fear. It's easy to forget your highs when you keep getting shoved into the lows. Fill the hours with mindless input until a friendly face appears at your side and calms your fevered forehead for a while. You still go to bed with ghouls, the cool air of the machine at your pillow does nothing to dissuade them. I keep waking at dawn, unable to sleep. If I were across the sea now the sun would never set and we'd sing that inevitable melancholy as we do.

The chaos of the room leaves way for a gentle exodus. Erase your scent from this space. Let someone else tear through it for a bit. You can only be cut so many times before your blood gives up the will to coagulate. My suitcase fills up. My hair is being pulled by the stars again


No comments:

Post a Comment