Friday, August 26, 2016

(Start) Overs

There was a great storm in the sky as we passed over Missouri. A bolt of lightning every second lit up the giant mass of clouds to the north, like a grand spectacle that only we could see, 30,000 miles above the ground and hanging impossibly. I sat completely still as we passed it, unable to look away. There is something to be said for feeling immensely small once in a while. It put me at ease. 

All day smiling in anticipation, patiently handling every obstacle in a carefree breeze, although to be honest perhaps it was more careless. No matter. 

Sometimes the strikethroughs and rewrites and erases leave too much mess behind, it's impossible to write over again. I go to a land of mountains beyond  mountains, dark night skies and quiet sleeps, of dry air and a home that lives in you perpetually. I go not to begin the page anew. 

I go to start a new sheet entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment