Saturday, April 2, 2016

Vinyl

The blues do strange things with a person. They dig themselves deep into your muscle tissue and vibrate through your body until you sweat and bleed thick droplets of unapologetic Life, and that is all it takes. I stumbled home last night, drunk and so tired, the city seemingly stuck in its own rut and everybody was in my way. Where is punk rock in this city anymore?

I did too much, I know I did. The West Village is flush with callery pear blossoms and I think, for a moment, that I am invincible, but it is not so. We stood there in the dark listening to self-aware bands making eyes like the Bangles and you thought I'm wasting my life away. Time is moving too quickly and too slowly at the same time, do you ever feel that way? My father calls from across the country and still hasn't started his life. We get such little time.

Standing in your kitchen in the dark, with the blues pouring out of you like lightly disguised poison, it is not the way to make the most of it.

Find a way
to stand in the streets
and scream it.

No comments:

Post a Comment