Thursday, February 11, 2016

Shine

There was a moment, last night, I walked east from Hell's Kitchen to catch the F train and I looked south to see Times Square glitter and yell down Broadway, and though normally it would seem a gaudy display of poor taste, for a second I reveled in it. This strange town. 

I took the train to Queens tonight to see the baby, and she was all the things newborn babies are while they do not fathom their power. On my way home, the train running local, I saw every type of person, and it wrapped me in such a comforting blanket. My roommate was still up -- the light shone from the living room when I looked up three floors from the corner at Second avenue; I smiled. 

Everything is moving so fast. You decide to throw your cares to the wind. Run like a madman where the streets will lead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment