Friday, January 1, 2016

Rear Views

So for 2015, I wish you more, so much more of the good. I wish you a room in the East Village and more money in your bank account. I wish you more New York than your little heart can handle... I hope you laugh plenty. I hope you walk these streets and smile, even after all these years, and that you are grateful to have the chance. In short, my dear, I wish you a Happy New Year.

Life is more than a collection of checked boxes, I'm sure. But to look back on a year, satisfied, and look forward on another, hopeful, is surely a treat to be savored, a moment of reprieve in a life that races forward. The sun shone bright through the curtains this morning. We have so far to go.

But when the paper is blank,
how easy to believe we will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment