Friday, August 28, 2015

33

Another year passes, and yet, because of just one small detail, none of the days, none of the years seem to matter so much. I came back to New York, and all the things that ever hurt me were suddenly secondary. It seems impossible, ridiculous somehow, and I remember so well those cold nights in Stockholm, doubting what Elysian Field I had left behind, convinced that it couldn't possibly be this beautiful place I had made it up to be. But you know, being here... It really is Everything.

I hope you do things that terrify you this year, that you dare to beat them, and that you rejoice when you do. I hope you say Yes when asked. I hope you travel, see something new. I hope you make new friends but also continue to love the ones you have. I hope you read. I hope you love New York City and that you do it proud. 

You always did, me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment