Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fireside

Perhaps it's distance - or proximity - perhaps it is the circumstances that trick you into this convoluted maze. You lose your breath and forget what came before. I still can't listen to your music, it collects in droves and when I get too close, it is like nothing has changed.

I walked down second avenue today, past the buildings that burned down on St Marks and the streets were so much noisier than their neighbors to the west. I thought am I mad to do this? but in my heart of hearts, I leapt a hundred leaps for the change, for the way May will begin with new horizons and other stories in the breeze. These streets show me the way, even when I do not deserve it. My tooth aches again, but I am not afraid.

Tomorrow the magnolias will bloom. Tomorrow, you are invincible again.

No comments:

Post a Comment