Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Valley

There's a strong wind in the night, but the air is desert warm and dry. The airport smelled like scented body sprays and home. A full moon guided us through the mountain pass like so many times before, while we spoke of the lost souls he's taken under his wing and decided to make whole. Nobody pays you to be a good professor. It is in his blood.

A voice from across the ocean says good morning. A text from the news says he is dead and it was a day for tumultuous change yesterday, wasn't it. Somewhere in the back of my mind says You are homeless now you have nothing but I am not ready to hear it yet. Soon, soon I will understand. 

My eyelids fight a losing battle. My eyes so heavy. I fall asleep before the song is even through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment