Tuesday, August 27, 2013

31

So when you read this, I hope you are there; I hope you are Home... I hope this coming year, you love the hell out of what's good in Stockholm, but do not fear the leap. That you love your friends, but trust they will be there even when you leave. That you find money, and purpose, and means, and that you go back to New York... You never succeeded at following paved paths, but did you ever want to? This life is yours, and you can never live it any other way than that which you do. It is perfect. 

I hope you travel. I hope you sing. I hope you meet new, mad people and say Yes, when asked. I hope you remember that age is just Life, and you are still the Mad Soul full of passion and fireworks you always were. I hope you embrace your Darkness, your desperate need for solitude; they are You... Right now, you are only 2 things: New York and the word. They are your constant companions, they are your roots. 

And your friends, any potential man, or House, or job, or Routine, they are lovely, they keep you alive, breathing, they are indispensible. But Cajsa, and I cannot not say this, when you read this, I only hope this: that you went to New York, that you wrote,
and that you loved every single moment. 

I pray you smile when you read this. 
I wish you have a Happy Birthday.

1 comment: