Saturday, August 11, 2012

Inflate

I leave with shame in my gut, after all. My mother's words of gratitude fall flat at my undeserving feet; I ran out too early, there was more to be done. I was just so tired. I longed for a moment to myself, a moment at home. My body crumbles beneath me. I should have done better.

It will be late Saturday evening before we reach Stockholm central station. It will be a sunny evening spent behind glass, it will be a lost opportunity to see friends in the old hometown, it doesn't matter. At the end of the journey lies that tiny apartment, lies a soft bed where I may rest. At the end of this journey lie three days of unwritten pages, of unclaimed vacation moments, of the opportunity to put yourself back together. Sort the memories, write the to-do lists, drink your cares away.

Summer is young, yet.
Sleep a heavy sleep.
Wake up
Brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment