Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Struck II

Call me. We went and got her out of there. A short note, a busy night at the bar, weren't we just saying how everyone is going through so much and here's that. I stepped into the street, held tightly to my phone, the miles between us were excrutiating.

I called her later, on my way home, and had to stop at the little park at the top of the hill, froze my fingers on the curb as we both cried helpless tears into each end of the phoneline. I had to go. I know it's not him. I had to go. A home smashed to pieces, glass strewn across the life that fell apart. The babies are safe, the remains of a family carried away and my heart swelled endlessly that there were people around to carry them. Unbearable obstacles, unimaginable pains, still her voice came down the line and spoke words I didn't know she had. Family is more than who is in your blood.

Hearts will weather this storm,
as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment