Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Controlled Breathing

It's a mad race lately, I don't sleep, I can't see further in front of me than my own hand and I am glad. Run, Run, as fast as you can, as it were. Do you remember that time, years ago now, it was St. Lucia and I hadn't eaten or slept in days, I was running on adrenaline and empoverished ecstasy, there was a ticket to a flight in the morning, I didn't sleep. We stood in a corner of the kitchen, the apartment was full, I thought this city is so beautiful in the dark and you looked at me with those eyes, that was years ago.

The music moved me tonight but I only heard your sorrows in her words, it made me uneasy. I forgot to clap, I forgot to look, I was elsewhere. You were right there.

Right there.

I need a ticket, now. Only leaving, will make this all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment