Saturday, March 5, 2011

How to Save a Life

Friday night and all is well with the world. I giggled from the moment I woke up right on time and realized I'd forgotten to set my alarm, through the work day of silly children and chilly sunshine, to the last hours of counting down until it was time for Friday night cocktails. Unexpected company and we all felt the tingle of the anodyne cocktail flowing into our veins, the remains of the day finally washed away.

Hours later, I walked home down west 10th street and New York had that weird glow it does when the clouds roll in and every building bounces its lights into the nighttime sky. Front yard trees revealed hints of leaves and Bedford was quiet despite the Friday night buzz. Saturday morning lies waiting with not a care in the world.

There is something inexplicably delicious about such a moment. I do my best, to savor every morsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment