Thursday, August 27, 2009

New York, New York.

When you read this, on your 27th birthday, I hope: that you are living in New York, even if you work as a parking lot attendant to pay the bills. That you spend few of your days alone, and instead are constantly meeting new, Mad people and staying open to the possibilities knowing them presents... That you get your shit together and Write. I'm not saying time is running out, I'm saying it's time to have something to prove. That you surround yourself with Madness and giggles, that you are tickled pink at the mere prospect of Life, that you are up for any adventure because you remember how good you feel when you're on them. I hope you laugh a lot. I hope your darkest despair fuels your Word, so it is good for something. But I guess, in the end, what I really hope is that the Dream of New York still burns in your heart, and takes you there. Happy Birthday./Cajsa
August 27, 2008. Sweden.

There are things to be said, and the time to say them is now. At the risk of creating a Bridget Jones moment, I have decided on this, my 27th birthday, to start a blog. Because it is a good life, and it would be a shame to forget it. You find me in the middle of my love affair with the City. Sometimes things turn out just how you dreamed they would. Welcome. Take your shoes off. Stay a while. /c

No comments:

Post a Comment