Saturday, August 24, 2013

Raze

It ends as it begins. An empty canvas of a life, washed clean of all that came before and ready to start anew. I tear the winding plants from around the windows. For the first time in months I can look out, but sills are barren, the corners. Perhaps that is the price we pay. The canvas looks a little tarnished, around the edges.

Behind me, I know it, you don't have to ask me to look, are nothing but bridges burning. I can feel their hot sting on my cheeks. You leave with no goodbye and I don't think we will ever have what we did. I don't miss it. Or at least I won't. And I won't be here when you return.

This city is beginning to lose its shine. These streets are losing their promise. A nasty taste rises in my mouth, and I am ready to level the whole thing to the ground. Such is the nature of this disease, you don't have to remind me, I know full well the ghosts that chase me, the shadows that keep me running. But fuck it.

It's not life if you're not terrified

No comments:

Post a Comment